Flirting After 40: Top 7 Tips
Well you have finally gotten the nerve to get out the house, and out of your comfort zone and you talk to your friends and they tell you , you need to learn how to flirt well I have some excellent tips to help you in the process.
- No one, can resist a great smile, it helps the person know that you are inviting and that you like them. When you smile, everyone else around you would feel like smiling as well, including the person of interest. Thus, it would encourage a more positive environment between you and your potential date. Smiling can lead to a more enjoyable conversation, which can make you and your person of interest have more fun while you trying to get to know them.
- A compliment goes a long way for a man; making compliments on the woman he is flirting with is one of the best ways to make her feel appreciated. This is because women in most cases share a fear about not being attractive on certain occasions. Therefore, if you want to make the object of your affection more comfortable with you, then you should give a compliment to her on how her hair looks, how her perfume smells so good, etc. Ladies, men like compliments also, so you can say nice haircut, great shoes, I like your outfit; I love your height etc.
- Have some mystery about you; people love dating a mysterious person since they love to slowly uncover things about him or her, as they go on more dates; and, this is especially true to most women. Being mysterious means that you give an idea about what you are, but you are not going into more details about it. It leaves them a feeling of hanging, and thus they will want to know more.
- Lean in a little, lean in like you are listening and like you want them in your space. Showing the other person that you are interested is a must, especially if you really are. This is because it can build his or her self-esteem, knowing that you may be looking forward to seeing him or her again.
- Make direct eye contact, don’t stare but look up make eye contact and smile or even a quick wink. Walk by ever so gently, for the ladies a gentle sway of the hips and for my guys a smooth walk like you are the man. Don’t be too aggressive however you wouldn’t want to make your potential leery of you.
- Make a nice gesture, especially for a guy. Nice can mean desirable, normal, presentable, trustable, helpful, or friendly; and, lots of women are actually on the lookout for the nice guys. Thus, taking note of these things can help you make a good impression, if you are in a bar type environment…Send the waitress or waiter over and ask to buy them a beverage. (Make sure the waiter or waitress brings it, just to be on the safe side)
- For a man, if his love interest touches him, he can interpret it as something positive. However, for women, touching them may not be a good idea, because some may become offended by it. Only touch a woman when she becomes more comfortable with you, i.e. you are already engaged in dancing, or if she touches you when you tell jokes. Be careful with this you don’t want your actions to be misconstrued in any way.
I advise being yourself as much as possible, you don’t want to be phony or pushy in your approach, just relax and be as natural as possible, if you are not comfortable with all of the tips mentioned above, just master one and it will help you on your dating journey.